“Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem you are endued with power from on high.” Luke 24.49
Here is the answer to why many do not receive the baptism with the Holy Spirit.
1. Jesus left His Inheritance for His disciples;
2. However, the possession of this inheritance required them to “wait in Jerusalem”;
3. Waiting in Jerusalem meant believing in the Promise, even during the persecutions that existed at the time.
This means: if they wanted to receive the Inheritance, they would have to endure persecution and not run away from it. Also, this meant they would need to forget their momentary needs and NOT THINK about anything else except receiving the Blessed Inheritance – the Holy Spirit.
They could have waited for the Inheritance at home, away from Jerusalem. But the Lord made sure to reward them specifically during the peak of the persecution;
4. The faithful should do their part by waiting in Jerusalem and wait to receive the Promise. This is faith! Because of this, they can and should CHARGE God their rights to the Inheritance;
5. The Lord will fulfill His part by coming upon you… so you can serve as a witness.
You may even say, “Lord, I did my part, but You have not done Yours.”
Is there faith in you for this?
“And… He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father…” Acts 1.4
“…you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me… to the end of the earth.” Acts 1.8